NEW BOATS - Boston Whaler upgrades 285 Conquest
Listening to customers and dealers has resulted in a brand-new Boston Whaler 285 Conquest luxury offshore fisher — hull included.
“The new 285 Conquest exemplifies where the Conquest line is evolving,” said Boston Whaler executive Ron Berman. “It improves upon its predecessor in styling, performance, storage and overall functionality.
“We listened to advice from customers and dealers, and the result is a Conquest model that will turn a lot of heads,” he said.
The 285 is engineered with Whaler’s patented Unibond system (fibreglass-resin outer layers infused with closed-cell urethane foam forming an unsinkable unit), which ensures the brand’s “unsinkability” claim.
Among the improvements is a raised sheer line on a lower deck profile to give the boat a better feel on the water. The hardtop and windshield have been integrated for improved weather protection, and can be configured in three variations, as an: open windshield; enclosed windshield; or, a pilothouse.
Boston Whaler said apart from aesthetic upgrades, the Conquest 285’s hull is all-new. Re-crafted from the keel up, the new boat planes, handles and flat out runs better than the predecessor — performance gains hardcore offshore anglers will appreciate, the boatbuilder adds.
The refinements carry over to the cockpit, helm deck and below, while maximising storage, and elbow and head room in the cabin.
For anglers, a multipurpose livewell, rodholders and dual insulated in-deck fishboxes with pump-outs come standard. Premium options such as 12V transom receptacles for electric reels, hardtop-mounted radial outriggers, and Raymarine chartplotter and fishfinder upgrades round out the fishing arsenal.
The expanded options list also includes a low-CO gas generator, large forward sunpad, Raymarine electronics and available pilothouse aft bulkhead.
“Boston Whaler customers assume they will get more from our boats than they would from others in the market,” says Berman. “The 285 Conquest, indeed all of our 2012 Conquests, should meet and exceed our customers’ expectations for express walk-around vessels.
For more information, visit www.bostonwhaler.com
* New materials and finishes to cabin
* Galley skylight
* Vee-berth converts to a dinette
* New port lounge with raised seating, an adjustable backrest (with pull-out footrest for facing aft) allows forward of aft-facing configurations
* A removable filler cushion or an optional pull-out table.
* New drawer storage beneath port lounge for tackle or other items within easy reach of cockpit.
* Starboard storage and prep area behind helm chair has space to store large carry-on items or fridge
* Foldaway transom bench seat and a port or starboard pull-out cockpit seat
* Cockpit options include table and a sunshade that slides out from the hardtop
Boston Whaler 285 Conquest
MATERIAL: Fibreglass with closed-cell foam for unsinkability
TYPE: Planing monohull
LENGTH OVERALL: 8.51m
WEIGHT: 3311kg (dry sans engine)
PEOPLE (DAY): 12
REC. MAX HP: 500